This policy outlines in general terms how Simply Hearing (“me”, “I” or “my”) collects, stores, uses and discloses your personal information. By using my website and / or purchasing my goods and / or services you accept this policy.
I may amend this policy as my business requires or the law changes. Any changes to this policy will be updated on my website.
Personal Information I Collect
The types of personal information that I collect about you will depend on my relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of goods and / or services you request from me. The personal information may include:
- your name, gender, date of birth;
- your contact details including, but not limited to, your email address, postal / delivery address and telephone / mobile number;
- payment details (such as credit / debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of my goods and / or services; and
- information relating to your use of my website.
How I Collect Personal Information
- I may collect personal information about you when you purchase my goods and / or services, other communications, visit my website or otherwise interact with me.
How I Use Your Personal Information
- I may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide, and administer my provision of, goods and / or services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your orders, freight and other arrangements; processing payments; testing my systems; and managing your interaction with my suppliers;
- to conduct marketing activities for my goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve my supply of goods, services and my marketing activities;
- to maintain records and comply with my legal obligations; and
- for any other use that you authorise in writing.
- The provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide me with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of my website or purchase goods and / or services from me.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- I may disclose your personal information to suppliers and third parties that perform services for me in connection with my website and in connection with the sale and provision of my goods and / or services, including third parties who:
- assist me in providing delivery of goods and / or services to you;
- assist me in processing credit / debit card payments;
- provide marketing services; and
- provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident.
- provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
- I may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with my legal obligations;
- to comply with judicial proceedings or a court order;
- to assist in locating a missing person;
- to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim; or
- for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution.
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. My website may store cookies on your web browser.
- The main reasons I store cookies is to:
- improve your website browsing experience;
- gather statistics on website usage; and
- enable me to present customised and appropriate messages to you.
- You can set up most web browsers so you are notified when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
How I Hold and Keep Your Personal Information Secure
- I hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. I may use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
- I may combine your personal information I receive about you with other information I hold about you. This includes information received from third parties.
- I take all reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure.
- Secure methods are used to destroy or de-identify any personal information, provided the information is no longer needed for any purpose and it is permissible by the law to do so.
Disclosure of Personal Information Overseas
In the course of providing my goods and / or services, I may disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas who assist me. In particular, I may disclose your personal information to data processors, delivery agents and providers of information technology services.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information About You
- If you would like to request access to, or correction of, the personal information I hold about you, please contact me using the contact details in the section of my website titled “Contact Us”
- I will provide you with access to the information I hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
- If I refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, I will, to the extent required by law, notify you of my reasons for the refusal and how you may complain about the refusal.
Terms and Conditions
If you wish to use any content including: text, images please contact me using the contact details in the section of my website titled “Contact Us” to seek permission. Please do not use any images on this site out of respect for our clients. These images are copyright and use of these needs to be obtained by me and my client prior to use. Your enquiry will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact me using the contact details in the section of my website titled “Contact Us”. I will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.